As we begin the season of Advent, let us pause and give thanks for the reason for the season: The birth of light in darkness. It is my earnest prayer that the Light of Christ may be born in the manger of each and every heart as the Creator bathes the earth with new and vital energies. Today may we be aware of the prophecy of Isaiah:
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who lived in a land of great darkness — on them, light has shined. (Isaiah 9:2 NRSV)
I am also aware that in many cases these days, the “land of great darkness” has been the Body of Christ itself. May we who dare to take up the mantle of “Christian” become aware of what a truly magnificent being Jesus Christ was and is and further, may we become deeply aware of the blessed Light that shines on us and especially, shines within us. May our lives be that of living epistles, giving honor and glory to that Light.
Have a great Advent.
- Happy Advent! Happy New Year! (oblosb.wordpress.com)
- First Sunday of Advent, Year B (andrewdoohan.wordpress.com)
- Advent 2011: A Season Of Waiting For The Coming Of Christ (huffingtonpost.com)
- 11/26: The Importance of Advent (unitedbyfaith.wordpress.com)
- Advent series: What are you waiting for? (somedoubted.wordpress.com)
- 11/26: The Advent Wreath (unitedbyfaith.wordpress.com)
- Advent Calendar 2011: Counting Down To Christmas (huffingtonpost.com)
- First Sunday of Advent, Nov. 27 (prayerscapes.wordpress.com)